The aim on this course is to inform you and cover the knowledge and skills required to provide support for individuals who are experiencing loss, grief and bereavement.
- Identifying the effects and impact of loss and features of grief:
- Engaging empathically with people who are living with loss:
- Providing support for individuals who are grieving and identify potential for healing and growth
- Identifying, informing and referring to appropriate grief and bereavement care services and resources
- Identifying and recognising risks associated with grief and bereavement support
- Accessing appropriate supervision and debriefing
- Reviewing and evaluating grief and bereavement support provided
Most commonly, people take around 2 hours to complete this course. There are short quizzes throughout the course that are there to check that you have retained the main points of the course. Don’t worry; you can attempt them as many times as needed, until you get it right.