In the Health Care environment, there is an imperative need for accurately recorded documentation of information relating to a person’s care. Through some interesting self-assessments and questions, this course will guide you to gain an understanding of documentation basics for AIN’s in the aged care and community sector.
- Discussing the importance of documentation
- Explaining why health care records must be attended
- Recognising the legal implications and legislation associated with the regulation of Health Care facilities
- Seeking out local policy regarding documentation in your work place
- Listing the information that should be included in the health care record
- Assessing the required frequency of documentation according to the setting, events and outcomes
- Attending progress note entries in a correct and acceptable format
- Outlining the basic principles of confidentiality and storage of healthcare records
- Participating in incident reporting
Most commonly, people take around 2 hours to complete this course. There are short quizzes throughout the course that are there to check that you have retained the main points of the course. Don’t worry; you can attempt them as many times as needed, until you get it right.