Medication Skill Set: Assist Clients with Medications - CHCCS305C
With the shortage in registered nurses (RNs) in the nursing industry, it is becoming very common for Assistant Nurses (AINs) to take on the role of assisting clients/residents to take their medications. Needless to say, that this duty carries great responsibility because of the high risks.
This nationally recognised skill set will give you the knowledge and skills required to provide assistance with medication by supporting clients as delegated by a registered nurse and in line with jurisdictional requirements
It may involve the administration of prescribed and over the counter medications through a Webster pack or via other accepted routes within a residential care facility, or in a home or community setting.
Distance based course.
You have 12 months to complete this course.
Support office in Sydney - Liverpool in NSW
These units will provide credit towards Certificate IV in aged care.
BENEFITS OF CHOOSING CASEY COLLEGE
- Training program developed by industry professionals
- Study by distance at your own pace and convenience with Assessor support available by email or phone when needed
- Get the medication skill set as part of your qualification
- You don’t have to attend 1 assessment per unit or 15 in total, we assess you holistically across several units at once
- Over 95% completion rate
- No hidden extras
- Join our online Facebook community
- Over the years, we have trained people from very diverse backgrounds and education levels so we have come up with great ways to support you to succeed in this course and reach your full potential!
- You can choose to attend additional short courses at a very low cost. These short courses were designed in consultation with employers and give you an edge compared to other applicants when you are applying for a job because of the extra skills you will have. You get a separate certificate for each additional short course you attend. It looks great in your portfolio!
To obtain this full skill set, you must achieve competency in the 2 units listed below.
|CHCCS305C||Assist clients with medications||Core|
|HLTAP301B||Recognise healthy body systems in a health care context|
Entry requirements for the distance course
To attend this course, you must:
- Have at least a Certificate III in Community Services or Health qualification – either in Aged Care, Disability Work or Home and Community Care
- Be currently working in an Aged Care Facility or community facility and currently providing physical assistance with medication in your workplace or have access to performing this task.
- Your facility will need to sign an agreement/consent form to allow our assessors to visit your workplace and assess you.
- You must have access to a suitably qualified Nurse at work to train and assess you in the practical skills required for this program.
- You must be supervised at all times while learning this skill on the job.
- Your supervisor must be willing to complete a third party report.
- Work within 35kms of our office. If not, additional costs may apply for trainer/assessor travel time. Call us for a tailored quotation if required.
|Start as soon as you enrol.||
Early completion possible.